Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First Part of the Cricket Season 2010

I signed with Caloundra Cricket during August (2 months before the season began)

My First game was on the 2nd of October (3 days before my birthday) we played Sunshine Coast Grammar they had won the toss and chose to bowl we made 140 for 6 from 30 overs which wasn't very good but it was our first game they came out and made 142 for 6 from 30 overs.

My Second game was on the 9th of Oct against Cooroy (4 days after my birthday) unfortunately the rain arrived and washed the game out we were sad of that outcome.

My Third game was on the 16th & 23rd of October against Mathew Flinders, the first innings was washed out but the second innings we could play but only 30 overs they won the toss and chose to bat they didn't go well in the start but they did go well at the end, they made 120 for 7 from 30 overs we made 60 all out from 20 overs. We played very bad.

On the 17th of October I went to selection for the U15 Sunshine Coast Team we were split into two teams I bowled at the start then I had a long break before being called to bowl at the end I got a wicket in the last over the first innings I was very happy. At the end they called who was in which team the QJC (main U15 boys team) or the Sunshine Coast Development Team  (second team to the QJC) I was happy that I was called in the Development Team. I was really happy

My Fourth game which was on the 30th of Oct & 6th Nov was against Maroochydore Blue we won the toss and chose to bat Riley Dray made 113 not out by the end of the day we had made 195 all out. On the Second Day Maroochydore went out batted their captain Tom Sutton made 51 not out unfortunately they had won the game in the final over they won by a run. It was a good game

My Fifth game which was on the 13th & 20th of Nov was against Glasshouse Mt's we they won the toss and chose to bat, I opened the first 6 overs with Riley Dray they suddenly started to lose their wickets until two players made a strong partnership, I bowled again and got my first wicket I was very happy, we made them 175 all out. The Second Day we went out and batted Riley got out on 43 as we won our first game with 2 balls to spare.

My Sixth game which was on the 27th Nov & 4th Dec was against Tewantin Noosa we made 150 all out but the umpire was dodgy and the weather was dreadful it would not stop raining for a minute at the end the game was called of and we were told that it would be a draw but some how Tewantin Noosa won. Dodgy umpiring by the Noosa team.

My Last game (before the Christmas Holidays) against Nambour on the 11th of Dec was a very good game for us as Harry got a 5-wicket haul which made Nambour make 113 for 9 from 30 overs, we went out and batted Harry made a 50 making him the man of the match as we won the game in the 25 over 116 for 1. Second Win of the season..

I had a game on the 12th of Dec for Sunshine Coast Development Team unfortunately the game was rained out which was really sad as I was looking forward to playing South East Queensland.

No comments:

Post a Comment